Monday, October 22, 2012

Star Wars Weekends



Note: I wrote this a few months before posting it.




Oh boy, I love being a nerd!  I don't live too far from Disney World, and the last few weekends have been Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios.  Yay!  The whole family enjoys it.  On the first weekend that we went, we saw the Darth Maul show (called "Visit to the Mall").  I was afraid my daughter would be bored with it, but she loved it.  She was on the edge of her seat, and became a big Darth Maul fan by the end of it.  I really wish I had video recorded her reenacting some of Darth Maul's moves with a toy double-ended light saber.  She did a great job!  It looked extra cool because I had her hair in two round high buns (not the same style that many associate with Princess Leia).

We also went on Star Tours many times.  I was absolutely thrilled that I was the rebel spy on one of the rides.  It was even a great photo (I had a cool suspicious look because I was trying to find the camera).  It got even better because the incoming transmission was from Yoda.  Those 3D glasses made it look like Yoda was pointing right at me.  That was so cool!  After that particular ride I had my fun extended because of a child.  I heard a little boy behind me asking his mom who the rebel spy was.  His mom pointed to me as I turned my head to look at him.  He gasped with surprise, so I just smiled and turned my head back to the front.  I managed to keep myself from giggling as I overheard the kid asking his mom all kinds of questions about me.  He was young enough to really believe the ride was real and that I really was a rebel spy.  It was so fun.

The next weekend that we went I wore my hair in the style Princess Leia wears on cloud city, when they encounter Vader.  It looks like a bun with two looped braids under it.  This time we watched the celebrity motorcade in the morning, and then spent time enjoying the characters and taking nerdy photos with them.  The only bad time was when I was getting my photo with Darth Vader.  My daughter was terrified that I was in a line to 'meet' Darth Vader, and she cried for most of that time, thinking Vader would do something bad to me (my husband took her to see other things, but she was still worried about me).  I thought that was funny that she loves Darth Maul and Ventress, but is terrified of Darth Vader.  I did give her plenty of comforting and reassurance after I got my photos with Darth Vader.



The third time we went to the Star Wars Weekend event, my husband was the rebel spy on one of the Star Tours rides.  He got the incoming transmission from Admiral Ackbar.  He enjoyed it, but now our daughter is getting really eager to be the rebel spy on that ride.  Our last visit is coming up at the end of this week.  We just have the Florida Resident Seasonal Passes, which have blackout dates for pretty much any day that kids have off from school.  That means we can't go for the entire summer,  during spring break, and during major holidays.  Oh well, I will enjoy what I can.



:)
June 4, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are thoughtful, polite, and/or containing constructive criticism are welcomed. Comments that are rude or abusive will be deleted.