Monday, June 4, 2012

The First Post


This is my first blog post. I must admit that my intent with this post is to simply post something so that I can then work on making this blog look the way I want it to. I am new to this, therefore I may take time to get it right.

So, why don't I tell what prompted me to start a blog? It started with writing about how I felt one morning, in the notes app on my iPhone. I was having strange health issues that morning, and although writing about it did not make me feel better, it did offer some level of comfort. I liked that morsel of comfort, thus, whenever I felt like writing about something, I did so.

At the end of the week I noticed that I had quite a few short stories in my notes app, and when I scrolled down through them it reminded me of a blog. That was part one. Part two was that I recently joined Google+, and when browsing the features I noticed Blogger. That made it easy, so I decided to start a blog.

I suppose I should also give a proper introduction. I am currently a 36 year old stay at home mother. I have one daughter, and have been married for almost 15 years. I have a few college degrees (AA, 2 BS degrees, and a MS degree), and love to learn new things. I have never kept a job for long because I get bored with them very quickly. I did like doing research, though, and I was fine with teaching the lab class I taught for a couple of years. Research was the best, to me, because it had enough change to keep it interesting. That was in my past.  Now, when I am not busy with my daughter, I practice martial arts, work on getting better in horseback riding, paint or draw, and exercise. I am also learning to cook new things, because I recently had to start a gluten free diet. It will have to be a lifelong diet for me.

Now I am off to mess with the appearance settings of this blog!

:)